Friday, July 18, 2008

Miss I love Needles

Today Jemima had to go to the doctors to get a needle. Since mum is a receptionist at the (tiny) medical center, she knows the doctor very well. The other day when Jemima got home she was in tears saying "the doctor didn't give me a needle today, I want a needle". So at the doctors we went into the his room and Jemima sat on the biggest chair. Jemima and I were fooling around together whilst waiting for the doctor to tend to one last patient.

The Doctor (who we call J) got the needles ready for Jemima. I really didn't like he sight of the giant needle. Mim (Jemima) was really looking forward to the needle. The doctor said to Mim "Look at Caity and I will tell you when I'm going to give you the needle". Jemima looked at me and then she said quietly"ow,ow,ow,ow,owch" and a her eyes were getting watery. Then the second needle . "No I don't want to have a needle" Mim said crying a little. She ended up laughing after the last needle.

We went into town and did a bit of shopping. Walking down the street I said to her "So do you like needles" her reply was "yep". I then said " do you want another needle she then replied "no!". After that she said "I like needles but I don't like the pointy bit", Mum and I were laughing . Mum then said "That's the whole point of a needle sweety".

No comments: